Wednesday 5 September 2018

Back "On Broadway" and 'Breathe September'

Last month I posted about a new dance/exercise class I'd been to.  I signed up for a four-week block of classes, which started on 3rd September.  I have to say, I'm hooked.

We started learning a routine to the "The Greatest Show" from the film, "The Greatest Showman".  It was an extremely fun way to get some exercise, whilst learning a new dance form.  And I love dancing!  There were times when I felt like an octopus that had lost control of its legs ... but other times when I thought, "Hey, I might be getting this!".


I'll be going back next week.  There's another woman who I met at the taster class - we're acting as 'moral support' for each other as we learn.  "You will come back next week won't you ..."


Whether I continue after the initial four-week block will depend upon two factors: (1) if I can cope with the travel time - it means driving into work and battling with the morning commuting traffic, driving south of the city to get to the class, then driving at least an hour home again (all on a "school night"); and (2) if I decide I can commit to the expense - it's not a cheap hobby, but it is something I enjoy and I will try to justify to myself as part of a 'healthy living' regime!


On what I'm choosing to see as a related note, a friend challenged me to participate in #BreatheSeptember2018.  I can't say I've been doing well with the photo challenge element of this - yet - but I am trying to look at the words and think about what I can do/have done each day that links to that word.  The word for Monday was "nourish".  I certainly feel like I'm nourishing myself - my physical and mental health - when I'm indulging my love of dancing.  The word for next Monday is "move" - which I will definitely be doing during the class!  I can't attend the class on 19th, but will be attending the Wednesday class instead - for which the word is "fun", and it really is.  The word for Monday 24th (which will be the final class of this block of four) is "gratitude" - which is what I feel for the person who leads the class and for the opportunity for me to learn something new and get dancing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment