Tuesday 25 October 2016

How have so many days "danced" away?

So long since I last posted!  There has been some dancing in between.

What sticks in my mind?

Well, definitely my birthday last year - great playlist, good friends, lots of moves on the dance floor.  And I felt so good the next day - aches and pains seemed to have slipped away ... probably a lesson there that I should be pursuing a more active lifestyle.

There was also the annual weekend away with friends - usually this involves some kind of dance-related activity; but this year it was rather more sedate, as our trio of troubadours produced a 'pageant' marking the life and loves of Henry VIII and Elizabeth I.  "Why?", I hear you ask.  Well, the reason is lost in the mists of time but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

And at the WI there have been a couple of dance-themed evenings, starting with Bollywood in March, and then a Lindy Hop/Charleston lesson from Velody in June.  

But I still haven't got back to a regular class.  "Must try harder in 2017."


No comments:

Post a Comment